Roland’s TD-30 is a drum sound module designed for V-Pro® series V-Drums®. With SuperNATURAL® sounds produced by Behavior Modeling, the sound quality is superior, responding naturally to a variety of drumming techniques and dynamics. From rim shots, rolls, flams, even ghost notes on the snare, to dramatic crash hits and sustained cymbal swells, every nuance is accurate and smooth. For spatial depth, a dedicated Ambience fader gives you immediate access to lush room ambience and overhead-microphone simulation.
The wide range of preset drum kits is perfect for all styles of music, whether it be rock, jazz, hip-hop, or dance. Priority has been placed on developing sounds that are adaptable for use in the recording studio environment or on stage. With over 1,000 onboard sounds, whether they are acoustic drums—kicks, snares, cymbals and percussion—or electronic drums and special effects sounds, the V-Edit possibilities combined with the powerful onboard effects make it easy to create a unique and personalized kit for any musical style.
The TD-30 features improved trigger response, dynamics, and positional sensing. The result is a more obvious and natural reaction between the player and the sound.
- Snare Drum: A smoother transition in sound reaction between head shots and rim shots. The snare drum responds to exactly how and where the drummer plays. The dynamics, positional sensing, and even the transition between full and shallow rim shots has become smoother.
- Crash Cymbals: Be it delicate playing, swell rolls, or powerful crash hits, the contrasts in dynamic sound reactions are more discernible.
- Ride Cymbal: Enhanced dynamics and positional sensing offer a natural feel and sound variations, be it up-tempo jazz playing or straight-on rock.
When playing fast open rolls, flams, or ghost-style, single-handed buzz rolls, the sound remains continuous between each hit. And press/closed rolls sound smoother with the snare buzz resonance reacting in a natural way.
When playing the hi-hat from a fully open position and slowly closing it, a perfectly smooth transition in sound is achieved. Playing in the half-open position or even in a slightly open position, the sound remains constant. And the foot-closed sounds and foot splashes are easier to control.
How the drummer hears himself and how the drum sounds are heard within the music have been given priority, and by taking advantage of enhanced DSP power, a new ambience section has been created. On the front panel of the TD-30, there is a dedicated fader for the overall ambience balance.
- Overhead Mic: For recording drums in the studio, placement of the overhead mics is a must to guarantee a natural presence and brightness in the sound.
- Room Ambience: You can adjust the room size and the room mic position within a choice of room types that include a concert hall, studio, club, arena, etc.
- Reverb: A customized reverb has been specially created for the snare, kick, and toms, helping them to musically blend together inside the music in a more natural way.
The TD-30 offers sound creation potential for all aspects of drumming performance. You can choose from a wide selection of snare drums, change the head type and tuning, move individual microphone positions, customize the shape of the room the drums are in, and adjust both the overhead mic and room mic positions. Enhance your sound with the effects and create the perfect audio balance with the individual kit mixer—all within the TD-30.
Each pad can have its own compressor and 3-band graphic EQ, just like in a recording studio. New multi-effects include insertion effects like the saturator or a flanger. And, as in the studio, the final sonic touches can be realized with a powerful stereo compressor and a 4-band master EQ.
- Drum Kits: 100
- Instruments: Drum Instruments: 1100 Backing Instruments: 262
- Drum Kit Chains: 16 chains (32 steps per chain)
- Effect Types: Pad Compressor (each pad) Pad Equalizer (each pad) Ambience Section: Overhead Mic Simulator, Room Type (25 types), Reverb Multi-Effects: 21 types Master Compressor Master Equalizer Reverb (for backing part) Chorus (for backing part)
- Percussion Sets: 8
- USB Memory Song Player: Audio File: WAV, MP3
- Sequencer: User Patterns: 100 Preset Patterns: 100 Parts: 6 Play Type: Oneshot, Loop, Tap Recording Method: Realtime Maximum Note Storage: approx. 40,000 Notes
- Displays/Indicator: Graphic LCD 80 x 256 dots 7 segments, 3 characters LED TRIGGER Level Indicator (LED)
- Faders: 8 (KICK, SNARE, TOMS, Hi-HAT, CRASH, RIDE, AUX, AMBIENCE)
- Connectors: TRIGGER INPUT jack x 15 MASTER OUT jacks (L/MONO, R) (1/4-inch phone type) DIRECT OUT jack x 8 (1/4-inch phone type) DIGITAL OUT jack (Coaxial type, 44.1 kHz/24-bit) PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type) MIX IN jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type) MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT/THRU) USB COMPUTER port (MIDI) USB MEMORY port FOOT SWITCH jack (1/4″ TRS phone type) AC IN jack
- Power Consumption: 18 W
- Accessories: Owner’s Manual, CD-ROM (Play-along Audio Song/USB Driver), Power Cord
- Options (sold separately): Pads (PD series, PDX series) Cymbals (CY series) Kicks (KD series) Hi-Hats (VH series, FD series) Acoustic Drum Triggers (RT series) Footswitches (FS-5U, FS-6) Personal Drum Monitors (PM-30, PM-10) USB Flash Memory
- Dimensions: 13″ W x 10-3/16″ D x 4-3/16″ H (330 x 258 x106 mm)
- Weight: 7 lbs., 1 oz. (3.2 kg)