The Shure Beta 56®A microphone has a frequency response specifically tailored for drums and instruments. Its extremely uniform supercardioid pickup pattern provides high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted noise.
A built-in dynamic locking stand adapter with an integral XLR connector simplifies installation. The stand adapter keeps the microphone securely in place, even if it is struck by a drumstick. Typical Beta 56A applications include close miking of tom-toms and other percussion instruments, as well as guitar amplifiers, brass instruments, and woodwinds.
Dynamic (moving coil)
50 to 16,000 Hz
Supercardioid, rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency
(at 1,000 Hz)Open Circuit Voltage -51 dBV/Pa (2.8 mV)(1 Pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Rated impedance is 150 ohms (290 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low Z
- Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Three-pin professional audio connector (male XLR type)
- Silver blue enamel-painted die cast metal with hardened, matte-finished steel mesh grille
- Adjustable, Locking Stand Adapter
- Integral, dynamic locking, adjustable through 180 degrees with standard 5/8″-27 thread
- Net Weight
- 468 grams (16.7 oz)