The Beta 98H/C™ and the wireless version WB98H/C are premium cardioid condenser instrument microphones that clamp onto the bell of wind instruments or onto the rim of percussion instruments. The integrated gooseneck and ratcheting swivel joint allows the mic to be easily positioned and secured, and an isolation shock-mount reduces the transmission of instrument ‘key noise’ and other mechanical noise. A gooseneck angle brace is included to provide better retention of the microphone placement during more active performances.
Condenser (electret bias)
20 to 20,000 Hz
Rated at 150.0 ohms (actual) Recommended minimum load impedance: 1 kilohm. May be used with loads as low as 150 ohms with reduced clipping level.
Output Level (0 dB = 1 volt per Pascal)
Open Circuit Voltage: -56 dB (1.6 mV)
Output Clipping Level (at 1kHz, THD < 1%)
2.5 kilohm load: 11 dBV (3.5 V)
2.5 kilohm load: 163 dB
1.0 kilohm load: 155 dB
- Dynamic Range (maximum SPL to A-weighted noise level)
- 132 dB (2.5 kilohm load)
- Signal-to-noise ratio
- 63 dB at 94 dB SPL (IEC 651)
- Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of preamplifier output connector.
- Recommended Operating Voltage
- 11 to 52 Vdc Phantom
- Environmental Conditions
- Operating temperatures: -7 degrees C to 49 degrees C (20 degrees F to 120 degrees F)
- Storage temperatures: 29 degrees C to +74 degrees C (-20 degrees F to 165 degrees F)
- Relative Humidity: 0 to 95%
- Net Weight
- Microphone w/cable and preamplifier: 156 g (5.5 oz.)