Excellent for touring professionals, the Beta 87C premium vocal microphone delivers studio-grade performance and a smooth, extended high-end frequency response in a cardioid condenser design.
The microphone adds warmth to the frequency response and creates an ideal environment for in ear personal monitoring. And its highly consistent cardioid pattern offers excellent rear rejection.
Vocalists who use earphone monitor systems such as Shure PSM® will appreciate how effectively the BETA 87C rejects ambient sound from the rear of the microphone.
Condenser (electret bias)
50 to 20,000 Hz
Rated at 150 ohms (100 Ohms actual +/- 20%)Recommended minimum load impedance: 800 ohms
(at 1,000 Hz)Open Circuit Voltage: -51 dBV/Pa (2 mV)(1 Pa = 94 dB SPL)>
Output Clipping Level
1000 Ohm Load at 1,000 Hz: -6 dBV (0.5 V)
139 dB at 1,000 Hz (0.25% THD, 1000 Ohm load)
22 dB typical, A-weighted24 dB typical, weighted per DIN 45 405(equivalent sound pressure level; measured with true rms voltmeter)
117 dB (maximum SPL to A-weighted noise level)
- Hum Sensitivity
- -5 dB equivalent SPL, maximum, in a 1 mOe field (60 Hz)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- 72 dB at 94 dB SPL (IEC 651)*
- *S/N ratio is difference between 94 dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self-noise A-weighted.
- Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of the output connector.
- Phantom Supply Requirement: 11 to 52 Vdc, positive at both pins 2 and 3
- Current Drain: 1.0 to 1.2 mA
- Three-pin (XLR) professional audio
- Aluminum construction with painted blue metallic finish, and hardened steel grille with nickel satin chrome plating
- See User Guide
- Net Weight
- Net: 207 grams (7.6 oz)
- Packaged: 565 grams (1.24 lbs)
- Environmental Conditions
- Operating: -18 degrees to 60 degrees C (0 degrees to 135 degrees F)(relative humidity
- Storage: -29 degrees to 74 degrees C (-20 degrees to 165 degrees F) (relative humidity