The Mini Converter Heavy Duty – SDI to Analog from Blackmagic Design is an extremely rugged device that accepts any SD, HD, or 3 Gb/s SDI input – redundant connections are supplied, for automatic switch-over in case of failure – and outputs an HD/SD component, NTSC/PAL (composite), or S-Video signal. You can also choose to de-embed two channels of SDI audio for the balanced AES/EBU or L/R analog audio outputs.
Use this device to convert digital video sources for output to Betacam SP and VHS decks, analog monitors, and other similar devices. The Mini Converter features auto-detecting HD/SD inputs and a hardware down converter that allows you to connect HD-SDI sources to SD equipment. The converter applies an equalizer, re-clocker, and 10-bit de-serializer to the SDI input signal. There’s also an SDI loop-through output for further processing of the source signal.
Converters in the Mini Converter Heavy Duty range are machined from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum and are generally designed to resist damage from rough use, whether outdoors or just in the course of live production. This super-strong Heavy Duty converter can withstand being run over by a truck and keep working. Its BNC and audio connections are protected by outcroppings of the aluminum body, unlike those on the standard Mini Converter line.
The converter features scratch-resistant laser-etched labeling, non-slip rubber feet, and a dust-resistant rubber boot that covers the mini configuration switches from dust and dirt.
- Sophisticated I/O
- This Mini Converter features auto SD/HD switching, auto-switching AES/EBU and balanced analog audio on standard 1/4″ jack connections, and advanced 3 Gb/s SDI technology
- High-Quality SDI
- Mini Converters are built to the highest quality standards with low SDI jitter. You get the longest SDI cable lengths combined with ultra-low-noise analog video and audio for a true broadcast-quality solution. You also get broadcast technology such as re-clocking and 3 Gb/s SDI. A loop-through SDI output is also provided for connecting to other devices
- AES/EBU and Analog Audio
- The Mini Converter de-embeds audio from the SDI signal and outputs 24-bit analog and 24-bit digital audio. Unlike other converters you don’t need custom audio cables, and the standard 1/4″ audio jacks switch between balanced analog audio and AES/EBU digital audio
- USB Upgrades
- Upgrades can be loaded via the USB connection for future video format compatibility. Use Blackmagic’s Converter Utility to make adjustments right from your laptop
- Versatile Format Support
- Mini Converters instantly switch between all SD and HD video formats whenever the video input changes. A huge range of standards are supported, including NTSC, PAL, 1080i59.94, 1080i50, 1080PsF/23.98, 720p59.94, and 720p50
- Redundant SDI Input
- This Mini Converter features a redundant input for mission-critical tasks such as broadcast or live events. You can connect a redundant cable to the second input, so if the main input is lost due to cable damage or any other cause, Mini Converter will automatically switch over to the redundant input cable. This lets you use the converter in locations where crowds or the environment might cause cable damage, or lets you place the Mini Converter in hard-to-reach locations such as ceiling-mounted video projectors. A loop-through SDI output is also provided for connecting to other devices. The loop-through connection is great if you need more than two audio channels, as you can connect the loop-thru to another Mini Converter (not included) to de-embed extra audio channels
- Hardware Down Converter
- If you connect to analog SD equipment then you’ll know how hard it is when modern SDI equipment unexpectedly changes between SD and HD. Mini Converter SDI to Analog includes an automatic high-quality down converter that supports letterbox, anamorphic 16:9, and center-cut 4:3
- Easy-to-Change Settings
- With the Mini Converter’s mini switches, it’s as simple as using a pen to change the settings
- International Power Supply
- A high-quality, low-noise universal power supply is included with international socket adapters for all countries. To stop power accidentally being disconnected, a cable tie point is included to lock down the power connection tight and secure